This apprenticeship framework is to develop knowledge and skills relating to the Children & Young People’s Workforce (i.e. those working with children aged 0-19, primarily within Early Learning & Childcare; Children’s Social Care; Learning Development & Support Services). This framework is suitable for those looking to join the Children & Young People’s Workforce and also those already working in the sector. It should be noted that this framework is not the most appropriate framework for those working in/looking to work in playwork or teaching support services. It is however the most appropriate framework for those delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage within school settings.
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children And Young Peoples Workforce
- Level 2 Employment Rights and Responsibilities in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Peoples Settings
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- Level 2 Employment Rights & Responsiblitys in Health, Social Care or Children’s & Young Peoples Settings
- GCSE Minimum Grade C in English and Maths and Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT
Unit 1: Contribute to the Support of Child and Young Person DevelopmentThe aim of this unit is for the learner to apply their knowledge and understanding in order to support child and young person development. The unit also includes support to children and young people experiencing transitions and positive behaviour support.
Unit 3: Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for Children and Young PeopleLearners will study how to interact with children and young people to develop respectful, professional relationships, including how to behave appropriately with children and young people at different stages of development and how to manage disagreements.
Unit 8: Child and Young Person DevelopmentThis unit aims to develop knowledge and understanding of child and young person development and the factors, including transitions, which may affect development.