About the qualification
Who is the course for?
The ILM Level 5 Diploma for School Business Leaders is designed for experienced SBMs who want to develop their leadership and management skills. It is designed to enable the professional school business manager to understand and develop professional learning, and to experience a genuine sense of ownership within the senior leadership team.
The qualification also introduces participants to the strategic dimension of the school business manager’s role. Theoretical perspectives on leadership and management are also explored and participants are expected to demonstrate their application of these to their current role.
What are the benefits of the course for SBMs?
- Increase your personal effectiveness as an SBM
- Develop your knowledge and skills in managing the business of schools and engaging with stake-holders
- Evaluate and improve the systems and processes that facilitate learning
- Develop knowledge of school leadership, as well as coaching and mentoring techniques
What are the benefits for the school?
- Nationally accredited, industry renowned CPD to develop your SBM
- Managers who understand the importance of their role and its scope
- Allows head teachers to focus on teaching, learning and attainment
- Helps to develop your school’s leadership team and gain specialist expertise in financial resource management, administration, ICT, HR and Facilities Management
What does the course cost?
- £1,500 + VAT
QUALIFICATION UNIT OVERVIEW
Unit 1: Leading Support Services in a School
Unit 2: Managing School Finances
Unit 3: Managing Procurement in a School
Optional Unit: Human Resource Management in a School
Optional Unit: Managing School Infrastructure
Optional Unit: Managing Marketing in a SchoolWe deliver this optional unit as part of the programme.
To sign up now, simply fill in the form below: