About the qualification
Who is the course for?
This ILM Level 4 Diploma for School Business Managers is designed as part of a pathway of learning for SBM professionals who are moving into a leadership role. Professionals working outside the education sector may also find this qualification a useful starting point for their SBM professional development. This qualification builds core skills in school management through a pathway of six units, beginning with an induction phase.
Our distance learning model is delivered entirely online, as from feedback it was clear that practising SBM’s struggle to attend face to face classroom sessions away from the school site. Therefore our distance learning model combines webinars, online tutorials, assignment work and online group forums to allow learners to learn at arms’ length at times convenient to them.
What are the benefits of the course for SBMs?
Develop knowledge and skills to:
- Manage resources within a school efficiently, effectively and sensitively
- Develop your understanding of the purpose of business management in a school context
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of business management within a school
- Understand the evolving education landscape
What are the benefits for the school?
- Nationally accredited, industry renowned CPD to develop your SBM
- Managers who understand the importance of their role and its scope
- Allows head teachers to focus on teaching, learning and attainment
- Helps to develop your school’s leadership team and gain specialist expertise in financial resource management, administration, ICT, HR and Facilities Management
What does the course cost?
- £1,340 + VAT
QUALIFICATION UNIT OVERVIEW
Unit 1: Leading Support Services in a School
Unit 2: Finance in a School
Unit 3: Procurement in a School
Optional Unit: Supporting Human Resource Management in a SchoolWe deliver this optional unit as part of the programme.
Optional Unit: Supporting School Infrastructure Management
Optional Unit: Marketing in a School
To sign up now, simply fill in the form below: