School Business Professionals (SBPs) perform a role which is unique to schools, administering and managing the financial, site and support services within the school context. They provide essential support to school leadership teams, implementing their financial and business decisions.
- A mixture of classroom, online and face to face sessions with a Schools Business Professional Tutor
- 1 day per month classroom session, held in Manchester City Centre
- Flexible online delivery model to support additional learning of a minimum equivalent to 3 days per month
- 1-1 sessions, delivered flexibly to accommodate learner and employer need (Skype, face to face, VLE)
- Reviews of learning with learner, employer and tutor to monitor progression and set targets
SBPs may work in any school phase (primary, secondary, special) and in different school structures: single academy trusts, multi academy trusts (MATs), local authority maintained schools and federations, etc. Consequently, they can work in very different settings with varying numbers of people that they report to including the head teacher or School Business Director (SBD).
- Level 4 School Business Professional Standard
FinanceRanges of educational funding streams, accounting practices, business principles, use of funding to support learning outcomes, school compliance issues, business efficiency, data required to inform school business decisions
ProcurementSchool procurement regulations and requirements, how to achieve value for money, including collaborative procurement, how to manage collaborative processes with other schools, the complexities of procurement law
Human ResourcesThe complexities of teaching and support staff contracts, terms & conditions of employment and payroll, educational HR policies, safer recruitment, and compliance with safeguarding priorities and equality legislation, when to seek legal advice.